Sunday, November 11, 2007

Shift Happens

My father sent me this video which had been forwarded around his office (small semi-strugling Christian publishing firm). I think it helps convey the changing state of the world in terms of the economy and the strong up-and-comers in the world (China and India). It's also especially relevant to me today, as I write this from Germany struggling with the super weak dollar to the record-high strong Euro. The United Kingdom was the greatest, most powerful nation in the world in 1900... the United States has held that position for much of the 20th century... but shift happens and who knows how long the US can hold that dominant position. Maybe we should all start learning Chinese?



Check out the wikisite: http://shifthappens.wikispaces.com/

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Thanks for sharing this, George. I hope you are doing well!